Healthy WAApril 2021
The health information site for Western Australians, Healthy WA, provides some very useful information regarding DIY renovations and dust. If you are looking to renovate or simply educating yourself, be sure to visit the website.
Renovation activities cause dust and other fibres to become present which can cause irritation to the skin, face and throat, and very fine dust can make breathing difficult.
People have to be very careful and know exactly what materials they are dealing with as this dust can be hazardous if it contains asbestos, lead or respirable crystalline.
Healthy WA gives you the information you need to know before you start renovating. This includes the following:
- What are renovation dusts?
- How are renovation dusts generated?
- Are renovation dusts dangerous?
- Which renovation tasks create the most dust?
- How do I protect myself from dust?
- How can I clean up effectively and safely?